Known as the premier cut of Venison, it is best served with a caramelised outer layer, and rare to medium-rare inside.
- Gamekeepers Venison Striploin (Backstrap) (1kg)
- Olive Oil / Vegetable Oil Blend
COOKING YOUR GAMEKEEPERS VENISON
Bring the meat to room temperature before cooking (1 hr).
- In a super hot pan with some oil, sear (and it will sizzle) the meat on each side for 2 minutes.
- Finish off in the oven preheated at 180°C for about 5 minutes and rest.
- Season lavishly and serve.
Chef's call this the premier cut of the Venison, and best served with a caramelized outer layer, and rare to medium-rare inside.
Our venison is sourced from one of Australia's expert producers, the McKinnon family. This specialty game product is farmed in the most native environment in Victoria whilst maintaining sustainable farming practices where possible.
This is an inspirational guide only; recipe details and cooking information are a freestyle cooking process and are not to be taken as exact. Finished results may vary, if looking for a detailed cooking guide we recommend searching for more options on Google.