Kangaroo is gamey meat, more pronounced savoury and bold meaty flavour than both lamb or beef.
- Paroo Kangaroo Sirloin - Backstrap (500g)
- Olive Oil / Vegetable Oil Blend
- Salt & pepper
COOKING YOUR GAMEKEEPERS KANGAROO
- Bring the meat to room temperature (1hr).
- Season both sides well with salt & pepper.
- In a hot pan with some oil, sear the kangaroo for 2 mins on one side.
- Then when you turn, reduce the heat to a medium to low heat and cook for a further 2-3 mins, then rest.
- It is best served rare.