Impress your Valentine with this delicious sharing steak.
- Gamekeepers Beef T-Bone Steak (approx 1kg)
- Olive Oil / Vegetable Oil Blend
- Salt & Pepper
- Scallops (approx 6)
- Truss Cherry Vine Tomatoes
- Olive Oil Spray
COOKING YOUR GAMEKEEPERS T-BONE
- Remove packaging and bring to room temperature (take out of the fridge 2 hrs prior to cooking)
- Pre heat oven to 200°C
- Season T-bone well with salt & pepper on both sides
- If you have a Meater thermometer (best Valentine's gift!), insert into the Porterhouse side of the T-bone (the larger steak area) and program the cooking to a 55°C target temperature for medium rare
- Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a frying pan and sear T-Bone for 3 mins on each side to caramelise the meat
- Place meat in the oven and follow the Meater cooking advice
If you don’t have a Meater, follow the same process. Place T-Bone in the oven for about 15 minutes at 200°C.
- Rest for at least 10 mins.
- Carve meat off the bone, slice & share.
COOKING YOUR SCALLOPS
- Remove packaging and place scallops on a paper towel for 30 min prior cooking to bring them to room temperature
- While the T-Bone is resting… season scallops with salt & pepper on both sides
- In a hot frying pan, add 3 Tbsp olive oil and sear the scallops for 2 mins on each side, they will still be moist and delicious
- Remove from the pan and place on your dish straight away
A SIDE OF ROASTED CHERRY VINE TOMATOES
- Pre heat oven at 180°C
- Place as many tomatoes as desired on a roasting tray with 5 Tbsp olive oil drizzled over the tomatoes, or use an oil spray and spray generously
- Season tomatoes with salt & pepper and sprinkle with thyme
- Roast in the oven for 30 min
TIP - this side can be done first before cooking the meat and scallops, and be quickly reheated at the end while the scallops are cooking.