We have the best free-range Victorian turkeys available for your Thanksgiving and Christmas feast.
Here are our tips on cooking a flavoursome and juicy bird whole for your Thanksgiving or Christmas table.
WHOLE TURKEY RECIPE:
- Numurkah Free Range Whole Turkey (frozen)
- Small bunch of bay leaves, thyme & rosemary
- Salt & pepper
COOKING YOUR GAMEKEEPERS TURKEY
- Defrost in fridge 2 days before cooking. Bring your turkey up to room temperature (2-4 hours)
- Season well with salt & pepper
- Stuff a small bunch of herbs into the cavity - bay leaves, thyme & rosemary
- Cook at 180°C in a pre-heated oven
- Continually baste your turkey throughout the cook
- When the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 70°C remove from oven. The Meater Plus thermometers can help you with this.
- Most importantly, cover loosely with foil and rest your turkey for as long as you cooked it to let the muscle fibres truly relax.
Cooking time guide: 4.5kg = 3 - 3½ hours | 6.75kg = 4½ - 5 hours
COOKING YOUR TURKEY ROLL RECIPE:
Make it super easy on Christmas Day with our magnificent turkey rolls - one of our Christmas best sellers.
- Bring to room temperature (about 1hr prior to cooking).
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- In a large pan, sear the outside of the turkey, to brown the skin (5 mins)
- Put in the oven for 20 mins, then lower down to 150°C for a further 90 mins
- Allow resting for 10-15 mins in a warm place, before serving
Numurkah Free Range Turkey 4-5kg
Numurkah Free Range Turkey 6-7kg
Numurkah Free Range Turkey Roll 2.5-3kg
Sourced from Numurkah, our turkeys are all free-range, grown locally right here in Victoria.
Christmas time is turkey time but looking for a free-range turkey for Canadian Thanksgiving (10th October) or American Thanksgiving (24th November). We have free-range turkeys available all year round.
This is an inspirational guide only; recipe details and cooking information are a freestyle cooking process and are not to be taken as exact. Finished results may vary, if looking for a detailed cooking guide we recommend searching for more options on Google.