Create a flavoursome & juicy bird this Christmas with these tips.
- Numurkah Free Range Whole Turkey (frozen)
- Small bunch of bay leaves, thyme & rosemary
- Salt & pepper
COOKING YOUR GAMEKEEPERS TURKEY
- Defrost in fridge 2 days before cooking. Bring your turkey up to room temperature (2-4 hours)
- Season well with salt & pepper
- Stuff a small bunch of herbs into the cavity - bay leaves, thyme & rosemary
- Cook at 180°C in a pre-heated oven
- Continually baste your turkey throughout the cook
- When the internal temperature of the turkey reaches 70°C remove from oven.
Our new Meater Plus thermometers can help you with this.
- Most importantly, cover loosely with foil and rest your turkey for as long as you cooked it to let the muscle fibres truly relax.
Cooking time guide: 2.5kg = 1½ -2 hours | 4.5kg = 3 - 3½ hours | 6.75kg = 4½ - 5 hours