With its classic beef flavour and perfect roast-a-bility, this is popular because it is one of the softest and tender cuts of meat.
- Gamekeepers Beef Eye Fillet Roast Trussed - Grain Fed (800g)
- Salt & pepper
- Olive Oil / Vegetable Oil Blend
COOKING YOUR GAMEKEEPERS BEEF
- Bring the beef to room temperature (1 hr).
- Season the eye fillet generously with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil.
- Heat a large heavy-based pan on high heat. When hot add the fillet and sear until brown on all sides.
- Place the beef onto a large roasting tin and place it into the oven at 170°C, for 15 mins for medium-rare (or longer depending on your cooking preference).
- For a more decadent flavour, when you remove from the oven, add some knobs of butter over the fillet and allow to melt while resting for 8 -10 mins before slicing into generous slices.
With its classic beef flavour and perfect roast-a-bility, this is highly popular because it is one of the softest and tender cuts of beef. Really, all this one needs is simple seasoning to allow the beef to be the hero.
We collaborate with a handful of Victoria's highly acclaimed farmers to bring you these speciality cuts of meat, prepared and packed by our in-house team of expert butchers.
This is an inspirational guide only; recipe details and cooking information are a freestyle cooking process and are not to be taken as exact. Finished results may vary, if looking for a detailed cooking guide we recommend searching for more options on Google.
One day allowed to
consumehow much meat?
bought a Turkey which i cooked on the webber and rump roast which I pot roasted for our Xmas in July celebration.
quality and flavour of the meats was magnificent.
thanks also for the great service and pleasant manner from the front office staff.