With its classic beef flavour and perfect roast-a-bility, this is popular because it is one of the softest and tender cuts of meat.
- Gamekeepers Beef Eye Fillet Roast Trussed - Grain Fed (800g)
- Salt & pepper
- Olive Oil / Vegetable Oil Blend
COOKING YOUR GAMEKEEPERS BEEF
- Bring the beef to room temperature (1 hr).
- Season the eye fillet generously with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil.
- Heat a large heavy-based pan on high heat. When hot add the fillet and sear until brown on all sides.
- Place the beef onto a large roasting tin and place it into the oven at 170°C, for 15 mins for medium-rare (or longer depending on your cooking preference).
- For a more decadent flavour, when you remove from the oven, add some knobs of butter over the fillet and allow to melt while resting for 8 -10 mins before slicing into generous slices.