A classic Roman dish that's pan-fried until they are juicy, tender and incredibly delicious.
- 6 x Gamekeepers Veal Scallopini (approx 6 pieces in 1kg)
- 6 x slices prosciutto (approx 15 pieces in 100g)
- 6 x large sage leaves
- 1/2 cup flour (if desired for dredging)
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine or marsala
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
COOKING YOUR VEAL SCALLOPINI
- Place a slice of prosciutto over each fillet followed by a sage leaf
- Dip the parcel in flour on each side and shake gently to get rid of any excess flour
- Heat olive oil in a large pan and fry on each side until slightly crispy and browned, about 4 mins each side (be careful not to overcook)
- Remove from the pan and add the wine / marsala to deglaze the pan
- Scrap all the brown bits and stir until reduced by half, return the veal to the pan to heat through then serve
- Serve with mashed or roast potatoes with a side of broccolini or asparagus or any grilled vegetables. Don’t forget a squeeze of fresh lemon juice as it really brings out the flavours and cuts through the rich and salty flavours.
A thin layer of veal, tenderized by our in-house butchers to deliver premium tenderness. There is a lot of sensitivity around sourcing and ethically producing veal, which we take very seriously. Therefore, we have chosen to partner with a reputable farming network that upholds the recognised certifications of both animal welfare, and farming best practices for this specialised product.
Image credit and thanks to: Nga - IG @littlechingy
This is an inspirational guide only; recipe details and cooking information are a freestyle cooking process and are not to be taken as exact. Finished results may vary, if looking for a detailed cooking guide we recommend searching for more options on Google.